Σελίδες

Πέμπτη 24 Μαΐου 2018

Hakma Attallah Mousa is 108-years-old. She is a Palestinian refugee living in Beach refugee camp in Gaza City...

Φωτογραφία του χρήστη Freedom For Gaza.
Her family fled from their home in al-Sawafir al-Shamaliya to avoid being murdered by Israeli forces during the Nakba. 
Their home is some 30 kilometers over the Gaza border in what is now 
known as Israel.
They have never been allowed to return to it. Here is her story:
Hakma has more than 80 grandchildren and great-grandchildren, but even her relatives are unsure of the exact number.
My father Attallah Mousa was the mukhtar [chief] of our family. I still recall my father’s diwan [guest hall], where he welcomed guests and helped solve village problems.
I used to milk our cow for cheese and yogurt. We had sheep and chickens. My family had more than 100 dunams of land on which my brothers planted wheat, lentils and barley. Our life was based on farming. Thank God, we had some great times.
My mother was wounded when we were fleeing. After we had packed some of our things and started to walk out of the village, she was shot. We carried her until we reached a hospital in Gaza City. A few weeks later, she died.
We want to return, my son, back to our village, and we will. We want to return to our homeland.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου